[RE-wrenches] Schneider SCP / MPPT 80 600 / XW+ / Gateway questions

greg egan greg at remotepowerinc.com
Sun Jun 11 10:37:29 PDT 2023

Friends,

I'm currently onsite with a system.  Just replaced 4 XW + 6848's with 4
XW Pros.  Updated the Gateway to rev. 1.17 and the Pros to 2.04.  Have
some questions/observations so far.

System: Off Grid with 4 XW Pros, 18 MPPT 80 600s, 2 SCPs, 1 Gateway, 1
Battery Monitor, 1 AGS.  3000 ahr of NiFe batteries.  36 kW Kubota Genset.

I tried using the Inverter SCP to program settings on the new inverters
and it took everything but when I checked on InsightLocal the settings
had not changed.  They were all still default so I had to go through it
again one at a time through insightlocal.  I'm guessing the SCP no
longer works for programming with the Gateway? Can anyone confirm?
Programming used to work through the SCP with the old XW+ inverters and
firmware.

Tried using the Solar SCP to change settings on the charge controls but
had to use insight local to change each individually.  Used to be able
to use  the "copy from" function which was a real time saver.  Wondering
if anyone else has run into the same problem, or if it works for them,
what am I missing?  Is there a cool way to change one setting with
insightlocal and get it to change the other 17?

Observations:
- looking at the CC's via insightlocal,
     under configuration -> advanced ->controls - I set all chargers
"enabled" but the next day or so they all go to "disabled".  They all
still work though.  Doesn't seem to affect operations.

     under configuration -> advanced ->charger settings - I have the
first CC set to "primary" and the rest to secondary.  No idea if that's
right or not.  seems to work.  Options are "stand-alone, primary,
secondary and echo".  I could not find definitions in the manual on them.

- looking at the XW Pros via insight local,
     under configuration -> advanced ->controls -> Backup Mode - I
disabled BAckup mode since I'm not backing up the grid. _System shut
down immediately._  Backup mode must be enabled when you're off grid.

Thanks in advance : )

Greg Egan
Remote Power Inc
Fairbanks, AK