[RE-wrenches] Fwd: RE: Grid neutral

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 05:41:37 PST 2016

Power stations use ground return. when we constructed power stations in my
electrical years, we dug extensive trenches filled with copper conductors
to provide the widest earthing system.
In a three phase system,  only the differential current returns to the
power station. That means that there is little current going back.
However, the neutral you see on the pole does not go back to the power
station, it returns to the transformer.