[RE-wrenches] Bosch/aleo PV module warranty excuse for a hotspot

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 12:27:43 PDT 2016

Did the original documentation say "dirt on the glass is liable to cause
hotpots and invalidate the warranty"? No? Thought not. They can't just make
stuff up after the fact.

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Pekka Laine - Photon Solar Power Inc. <
pekka at photonsolarpower.com> wrote:

> Hello wrenches,
>
> Has anyone ever gotten a similar response from Bosch/aleo for a warranty
> claim on a "hotspot."
>
> "
>
> Sorry, this is the result. Soiled module glass is the cause, this resulted
> in current surges and HotSpot on the cell. External influences (shading) is
> not a part of the aleo product and performance guarantee.
>
> We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to you.
>

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
>

> Sales Customer Service (SEDE/SCS)
> Bosch Solar Services GmbH | August-Broemel-Str. 6 | 99310 Arnstadt
> | GERMANY |www.bosch-solarenergy.de
> Tel. +49(3628)6643-4728 | Fax +49(3628)6643-4107
>
> "
>
> So they are saying the dirt on the glass caused the problem.  How
> convenient....that response can be used to derail every claim. These panels
> should be designed for ourdoor use. Th <http://use.th/>at is total bs. So
> does their product lliterature state dirt is a problem and indicate how
> often they should be cleaned.
>
> Should we as installers accept this?
> Pekka Laine
>
> President
> Photon Solar Power Inc.
> www.PhotonSolarPower.com
> Cell. 760-556-8170
> Toll Free 888-SUN-ACDC
> CA Lic. #933648
> NABCEP Certified PV Installer # 032611-174

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

Chris Mason
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
Solar Design Engineer
Generac Generators Industrial technician

www.cometsolar.com <http://www.cometenergysystems.com>
264.235.5670
869.662.5670
Skype: netconcepts