[RE-wrenches] 690.8

Jerry Shafer jerrysgarage01 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 17:57:19 PST 2016

Wrenches
We are getting some questions from PRMD some questions relating to 690.8
here is what we have
3 modules, 260 watts at 9 amps ISC each module is a single string which
goes into a MNPV6 disco/combiner/disconnect
combined to a 30 amp breaker, it is being replaced with a 40 amp per
690.8(A) 1
leaves there and goes to a 32 amp disconnect in our device.
here is where it gets interesting
690.8 (A) requires the 40 amp breaker but reading down to 690.8 (B) 1 we
need to up-size to 50 amps (no 45 amp is non available)
We also have added the 63 amp GFI in the disco
we have also moved up from # 10 wire to # 8 wire as a result
All this seams over kill for three modules, there are 2 exceptions but PRMD
do
not feel they are relative.
Is the Midnite solar disco considered an assembly with the bus bars inside
if we install the breakers
Any ideas would be helpful
Jerry