[RE-wrenches] DC conductors in metallic raceway/conduit

Christopher Warfel cwarfel at entech-engineering.com
Fri Jul 17 04:48:46 PDT 2015

The reason behind this rule, going back through some history, was to
reduce the possibility of a nail penetrating hidden conduit (conduit
behind a wall). Since the conduit is exposed/visible, the chances of
that action happening are small to none. So, the installer is saying
that a literal interpretation is not consistent with the intent of the
NEC. May have to ask the AHJ for their position.