[RE-wrenches] Dual Channel Inverters; Hosed By Fronius

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Thu May 9 09:37:46 PDT 2013

Another option would be to compensate the customer for lost production
until you're out there to replace a second inverter. You can credit this
against Jason's diagnostic fee idea and/or the $150/unit reimbursement
from Enphase. Each unit down is about $30-60/year depending on location.
Could help those of you working on tough multi-row installations on
steep roofs, especially with larger systems and more units to fail.

Downsides:
some customers will insist on individual replacements as needed-- the
"let's just wait for the second inevitable domino to fall" approach is a
tricky sell...
weighing $150/unit now vs unknown future Enphase policy
may not be compatible with your warranty policy