[RE-wrenches] Dual Channel Inverters; Hosed By Fronius

Troy Harvey taharvey at heliocentric.org
Thu May 9 13:44:08 PDT 2013

> Why would you "rip apart an array?" We only remove one module in almost every case, replace the WEEBs, replace the inverter, and we're done. If there are more than two rows of modules, you might need to remove an additional module or two, but that takes almost no time. Our steepest roofs here are typically 6:12, with many shallower, so you folks up north probably find it much more difficult, and I understand that.

Most residential arrays have several rows. We primarily use a architectural rail systems (such as Sunframe). You have to pull up 16' cap strips, pull up the panels, un-screw the lugs (WEEBs have not really come to anything but the main-stream top clamp style racks), pull out the panels, wade into the middle of the array and get to your inverter.