[RE-wrenches] NABCEP

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Sat May 26 07:00:13 PDT 2012

Tom, et al,

Well said.

It's not just certification that is a business (and often a sleazy and
opportunistic motivated one at that), EDUCATION is, today, a business.

Why does the manufacturer often charge for instruction on how to
properly install their specific equipment? May I suggest $$$ and a
misconception of what a bad install costs in terms of lost good will the
end user could have provided that brand (and the trade in general). In
many occupations there is a requirement for continuing education for
continued certification. The involved, dedicated, and responsible person
is doing this anyway. The supply chain is complicit in this
misconception, too.

You might also ask why NABCEP doesn't even _address_ solar hot air.
Would we be able to get that answer from the horse's mouth first-hand?

Respectfully,

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar
314 631 1094