[RE-wrenches] efficiency

Bill Loesch solar1online at charter.net
Mon Jul 16 07:04:44 PDT 2012

Hi Jay,

Your government at work. See

http://www.energysavers.gov/your_home/water_heating/index.cfm/mytopic=13000

for an explanation of energy factor (their efficiency rating) which
combines recovery efficiency, standby losses, and cycling losses.

You might want to consider how many moving parts there are in the heat
pump water heater and who will service the refrigeration system (Here in
River City an EPA blessed individual (practically an HVAC tech) is
required).

There are optional kits now sold which essentially duct the rejected air
to a different space during the season when that air would not be
beneficial.

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar
314 631 1094