[RE-wrenches] Battery Experience

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Thu Feb 9 08:05:25 PST 2012

Ken,

Interesting. Do you know if Deka has more than one manufacturing plant?

My Deka representative did respond. Perhaps I could have expressed this better: the response was "they are out of warranty". I knew that.  However, due to the number of Deka battery failures we were experiencing, I would have expected something more than "no warranty".  They did replace one 8D that failed at 13 months. Thanks Deka.

During the last few years that we sold and installed the Deka AGM's, we also sold Lifeline, Sun Xtender, Trojan, Optima and FullRiver. We sold 3 times as many Lifeline as we did Deka. Zero failures form any other brand.

I have a customer coming in today that has 2 8D AGM's. I installed these 11 months ago. His complaint is that the voltage will drop to 11.5 within 5 hours of use. I'll let you know what I find.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems