[RE-wrenches] Equipment Grounding Conductor (EGC)-

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Oct 31 13:49:40 PDT 2011

Its a legitimate point, but nothing is "official". Insulated is fine,
but don't use THHN, it will deteriorate quickly in the UV outdoors. I
believe USE-2 is available in colors besides black now. You might be
able to color tape USE-2, also. 690.4(B) allows marking tape on smaller
conductors, but specifies PV system conductors, so I'm not sure if that
could be applied to the EGC. Hmmmm.....
You might also be able to use pieces of heat shrink on bare Cu just
where it crosses other metals.
This is yet another reason why WEEBs are a god send.

Ray Walters