[RE-wrenches] Equipment Grounding Conductor (EGC)-

James Rudolph jamesrudolph99 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 08:46:27 PDT 2011

Dearest Wrenches,

I was wondering what the "official" postion was with EGCs being ran where
they came in contact with racking. Is it standard practice to use a bare or
a insulated ECG? I do recall having some AHJs in Marin, CA  mandating the
use of an insulated ground wire, due to the fact that it came into contact
with dissimilar metals (anodized AL rail and galvanized B-line strut) on
the roof.  One approach was to use weeb grounding clips at each module to
limit the need and length of the EGC etc.  I was just hoping to hear how
everybody  was dealing with this issue.

Thanks in advance,

*James B Rudolph
NABCEP Certified PV Installer