[RE-wrenches] Grounding system for a shack on a frozen lake?

Aladdin Solar cpickard at aladdinsolar.com
Tue Aug 9 10:13:50 PDT 2011

The main "Official" you'd ever meet is checking for fishing licenses, etc. Yes, it would only be a small 12V system, usually DC devices but my thinking was just that if a simple grounding method would make the inhabitants safer it would be worth considering -- users don't always exhibit great judgement after many hours and beers in an enclosed space!

Dropping "non-fishing" (i.e. grounding) lines in the hole would end up snagging or tangling with active fishing lines -- especially when you get one on the line.

Would an ice or water grounding connection have any effect at all?

Charlie Pickard
Aladdin Solar