[RE-wrenches] Grounding system for a shack on a frozen lake?

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Tue Aug 9 08:59:03 PDT 2011

There are many RVs out there too, and they don't sink a ground rod every
time they park.
Use a GFCI outlet, and I think you'll be at the same safety level as
other portable systems.
(Is there an ice structure building inspector?)
You could still heat up a copper rod with a torch and then drive it into
the ice just to say you did.
Post some pics this winter when its in.
(P.S. optimum array angle will probably be as much as 80 deg due to the
ice reflection, and peak power could be over 125% of nameplate, use an
amp meter to adjust tilt)

Ray Walters