[RE-wrenches] 690.31(B) "within the photovoltaic array"

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Tue Sep 6 13:02:28 PDT 2011

The idea of "within the array" goes to the idea that the conductors will be
located on the underside of an array of traditional framed moduled and will
be afforded a modicum of protection from physical damage by the module
itself.

So the issue is one of physical protection of the conductors. That is what
tha AJH should be looking to. If he has cold feet about approving a
non-standard method using un-listed componets based on local conditions,
then he is understandably going to ask for a solution utilizing listed
materials and standard methods.

What kind of support are you getting from Lumeta around this?

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
303 Redbud Way
Nevada City,  CA 95959