[RE-wrenches] VAWT recommendation

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 21 08:32:36 PDT 2010

My "go-to" local windpower person is Glenn Forbes, son of Ivan Forbes. Urban
vertical axis wind machine makers with decades of experience.

Machine Height: 42 feet
Total weight of base: 42 tons
Blades: Six at 180 feet each, total length
Minimum wind speed required to return electricity to the grid: 3 miles per
hour
Power produced at 33 mph wind speed: 12 kilowatts.

There's a great story about Ivan at
http://www.lacitysan.org/biosolidsems/downloads/TIRE/Alive_200706_Main-ArticleOnTIRE.pdf

Contact me off-list for Glenn's contact info.

Joel Davidson