[RE-wrenches] Older Sunny Islands charging newer Lithium's

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Fri Mar 1 17:02:46 PST 2024

AES is closed loop with 7 inverter manufacturers (not Outback and I do
not know why) including SMA. Not sure on the particulars but you should
check them out with Lync2 interface. I just use them closed loop with XW
and they can charge 40% faster.

https://discoverlithium.com/products/lithium-batteries/aes-rackmount

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
    [1]https://offgridsolar1.com/ [2]  [1]
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2024-03-01 4:43 pm, Glenn Burt via RE-wrenches wrote:

> I recently went through this wxwrcise with an old customer of mine as
> well.
> I spent a lot of time researching options. Manufacturers and
> conversations with SMA regarding their support of a conversion to Life
> storage.
> Bottom line for me was that SMA does not support any lithium battery
> manufacturer available in the US.
> I stuck with exact replacement batteries for those that were exhausted,
> Concorde AGM's.
>
> -Glenn
> Sent from my 'smart'phone, so please excuse typos and spelling errors.

Links:
------
[1] http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
[2] https://offgridsolar1.com/