[RE-wrenches] Older Sunny Islands charging newer Lithium's

Glenn Burt Glenn.burt at glbcc.com
Fri Mar 1 16:43:13 PST 2024

I recently went through this wxwrcise with an old customer of mine as well.I spent a lot of time researching options. Manufacturers and conversations with SMA regarding their support of a conversion to Life storage.Bottom line for me was that SMA does not support any lithium battery manufacturer available in the US.I stuck with exact replacement batteries for those that were exhausted, Concorde AGM's.-GlennSent from my 'smart'phone, so please excuse typos and spelling errors.------ Original message------From: Peter Giroux via RE-wrenchesDate: Fri, Mar 1, 2024 3:52 PMTo: 'RE-wrenches';Cc: pgiroux at mindspring.com;Subject:[RE-wrenches] Older Sunny Islands charging newer Lithium'sMy fellow wrenchers. Have sought help from SMA but they just defer to owner’s manuals and the older batteries listed.. I have a customer with two SMA 5048’s, roughly 11 years old and appear to be working fine. Customer wants to move to LIPO batteries and keep his SMA’s. Has anybody made these transitions and how
 did you do it, not sure the SMA programing for LIPO’s works the way Lithium’s need. Any and all help and ideas appreciated. ThxPeter GirouxAmerican Solar & Alternative Energy Solutions inc