[RE-wrenches] Snow mitigation

Bill Battagin frenergy at psln.com
Sat Dec 9 09:42:33 PST 2023

I've been consulting and helping a friend with a mountaintop PV powered
radio system ~7,000' in the No.Sierras. We installed another array this
fall but at 60 degree tilt we're still having problems with snow
accumulation on the PVs, plus once the weather passes it stays too cold
to melt in the bright sun we need to get SOC back up.  Yes, there is
genny back-up, but that's no fun for a solar fanatic.

             Some wrenches have done this kind of install I know, it
would be great to hear of ways to prevent snow from sticking?, ways to
shed it unattended, right? Laser from valley floor!

Thanks,

Bill

Feather River Solar Electric
Bill Battagin, owner