[RE-wrenches] Wattnode AC Coupling Monitoring on Insight Cloud

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Thu Oct 26 09:39:36 PDT 2023

Hi Howie !

I see the same thing except if you read the last line, they are saying
soon on the cloud. Good that it is working local though!

Version: v1.18 Build 041 [25 July 2023]
Please clear your web browser cache before logging in to web GUI.
Download the latest firmware (.epkg) from
https://solar.schneider-electric.com/product/conext-gateway/
https://solar.schneider-electric.com/product/insighthome-and-insightfacility-edgedevices/
Features
Summary of features
* Support for AC1 Generator
* Support WATTNODE CT3 setup to monitor AC coupled solar automatically
* Support for AC coupled power flow displayed on dashboard via WATTNODE
meter
* Add UI for XW Pro AC Output Voltage Calibration
* Support closed loop battery configuration pass through to MPPT
* Support to download HSM trace log file via web API
* Add battery temperature data on XW Pro status screen
* Support for operating without SD card
* Upgrade IotHubAgent to v3.1.8
* Support XW Pro 2.10 BN25
Summary of fixes provided:
* Fix for Modbus time registers returning fixed values
* Fix for value setting on "External Contactor"
* Fix for not being able to enable Grid support thru Insight Facility
* Fix for Aux Relay Time of Day Trigger not working issue
* Fix for Low Battery Cut out Warning Offset setting issue
* Fix for manual refresh causing XW parameters changes issue
* Fix for secondary XW Pro going back into grid forming when in standby
mode
* Improvement for exported PDF file format
* Fix for TPM test failure issue
2 Conext(tm) Gateway Release Notes
Internal
* Improvement for WATTNODE device status page
* Change IEC 61727-2014 grid code name to IEC 61727-2004
Summary of new supported batteries:
* DISCOVER AES 44-48-3000
* DISCOVER AES 42-48-6650
* FortressPowerEvaultMax 18_5
* DISCOVER HELIOS 46-48-1540
* DISCOVER ELEMENT 48-48-5120
* PYLONTECH UP5000
* PYLONTECH US5000
* PYLONTECH PELIO
* HOMEGRID MQ_1
* HOMEGRID MQ_2
* HOMEGRID MQ_3
* HOMEGRID MQ_4
* HOMEGRID MQ_5
* HOMEGRID MQ_6
* HOMEGRID MQ_7
* HOMEGRID MQ_8
* HOMEGRID COMPACT
* EG4-LifePower4
* EG4-LL
* DEKA_DURATION_DD5300
Known Limitations
* Analog and Digital I/O is not supported
* After downgrading an XW device, the gateway must be restarted
* Upgrading from v1.07 and earlier to v1.08 and later will cause the
cloud to be
disabled, requiring the user to re-enable the cloud via the Web UI
* The gateway does not have a web server trusted root certificate
* PDF Generation does not work correctly in Internet Explorer
* Temperature will not be shown in Battery Summary page if only MPPT
device
installed BTS (Battery Temperature Sensor).
* Upgrade from old version to v1.18 may cause the BMS setup status
change from
"successful" to "modified", re-apply it, or leave it alone.
* After changing or applying BMS setup, refreshing configuration is
required to
make the UI configuration match device value.
* AC coupled power flow on InsightCloud & InsightMobile will be coming
soon.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
    [1]https://offgridsolar1.com/ [2]  [1]
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2023-10-26 9:26 am, Howie Michaelson via RE-wrenches wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone successfully implemented the new AC coupled monitoring
> function using a Wattnode meter (Gateway firmware V1.18) so that it
> shows up on Insight Cloud? I have been able to get it to display on
> Insight Local, but not on the Cloud.  I have spent perhaps 20-30 hours
> on getting this function to work (working with Eric Bentsen as well as
> countless other Schneider support personnel). I've been told that if it
> shows up on Insight Local but not the Cloud, then that is an issue at
> Schneider's end. Now I'm wondering if there is something about the oler
> Gateway (not a "Home" device) which is causing this issue. Just
> wondering if anyone has been successful at implementing this feature so
> that it shows up on the Cloud.
> Thanks, Howie Michaelson
> Sun Catcher

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try
> the other:
>
> List rules & etiquette:
>
> Check out or update participant bios:
> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org