[RE-wrenches] XW Pro failures

Kevin Pegg kpegg at energyalternatives.ca
Thu Oct 12 21:28:24 PDT 2023

Hello Wrenches,

Curious if anyone else is dealing with failed Schnieder XW PRO6848's this year? In recent months I've had 2 DOA (one producing 180/360VAC; one charger had this nasty building THD and ugly noise until it tripped out), and 2 fail after few weeks in service. One charger just failed, and another have yet to take the long drive to figure out but it's gone dark.

I've sold, serviced, and installed 100's of XW's starting with Beta 001 and can't think of any that just failed like of recent. Unplanned return service calls are costly as we all know. Tech support has been wildly inconsistent and presently unresponsive.

Thanks,

Kevin Pegg
EA Energy Alternatives Ltd.
Telkwa, BC  V0J 2X2