[RE-wrenches] Fronius USA available 2023 & 2024 ?

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Sat Aug 26 16:56:45 PDT 2023

Hi, Team and >>gosh<< I must apologize to Connell.Christopher at fronius.com and
to Fronius.
I'm sorry that I inadvertently fueled an untrue rumor about Fronius USA.
Chris, I should have tracked you down for the correct answer before putting
my question on the List. I will also correct this with my Greentech branch
manager on Monday, Heaven permitting.

I freaked out when my Greentech rep told me Fronius had left the building
but I'm glad I don't have to re-shop the string inverter component after
all. I did an AC coupled off grid project using Fronius Symo in 2019: No
Drama, No Trauma.

For those Wrenches who've wondered, "Why, Mick, why..." about off grid AC
coupling: most of the rooftops that need PV for my 2023 opportunity will be
inconvenient for running DC wires to the battery location. These same
rooftops, however, will have AC sub-panels close by, so I had an "A-ha,
negative loads!" moment. At least some of the PV will run through a charge
controller in any case. I think the wattage from any AC coupled string
inverters won't show up on Schneider Insight, so that's another reason for
me to heed those Wrenches who suggest DC coupling for all of the PV.

Thanks to all who've contributed to this thread. I think the thread should
now extinguish & moderator Michael may wish to delete it from the archives.
I appreciate accessing the "hive mind" on various 2023 PV inverters and
again, Chris, I'm sorry to have caused a temporary smudge on Fronius USA.
The Wrench List is the Bomb!

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Landline: 970-731-4675
Cell phone or for text messaging: 970-946-6584
ᐧ