[RE-wrenches] Fronius USA available 2023 & 2024 ?

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Sat Aug 26 08:40:44 PDT 2023

It is so interesting hearing about different markets and what products are
popular and well supported. My impressions of the Florida market is that
it's 85% Enphase, 10% SolarEdge, and 5% Other. I'm not a distributor, so
that's just my view from the bottom, but there isn't a significant
competitor left in my corner of Florida offering anything other than
Enphase except for some niche backup scenarios. Enphase absolutely
dominates. And I know SolarEdge is far out of favor because I am contacted
constantly by desperate system owners who can't find service anywhere it
seems. I can't remember the last time I saw a Fronius, and even SMA seems
few and far between after dominating in the pre-Enphase era.

I might take those percentages back because Tesla is of-and-on active and I
can't really gauge what market share they have here, but I don't run into
too many service scenarios for Tesla. Maybe that speaks to reliability or
maybe people just realize they are stuck going directly to Tesla for
service, particularly on batteries.

Jason Szumlanski
Principal Solar Designer | Florida Solar Design Group
NABCEP Certified Solar Professional (PVIP)
Florida State Certified Solar Contractor CVC56956

On Sat, Aug 26, 2023 at 8:42 AM Peter Giroux via RE-wrenches <