[RE-wrenches] Fronius USA available 2023 & 2024 ?

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Sun Aug 27 10:37:37 PDT 2023

Mick,

I would look at the workings of the Schneider back-up control switch and
it's internal watt node. Recent webinar training. This will allow AC
coupled power to show on Insight. I am not advocating it though,
certainly not for offgrid.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
    [2]https://offgridsolar1.com/ [3]  [2]
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2023-08-26 4:56 pm, Mick Abraham via RE-wrenches wrote:

> Hi, Team and >>gosh<< I must apologize to
> Connell.Christopher at fronius.com and to Fronius.
> I'm sorry that I inadvertently fueled an untrue rumor about Fronius
> USA. Chris, I should have tracked you down for the correct answer
> before putting my question on the List. I will also correct this with
> my Greentech branch manager on Monday, Heaven permitting.
>
> I freaked out when my Greentech rep told me Fronius had left the
> building but I'm glad I don't have to re-shop the string inverter
> component after all. I did an AC coupled off grid project using Fronius
> Symo in 2019: No Drama, No Trauma.
>
> For those Wrenches who've wondered, "Why, Mick, why..." about off grid
> AC coupling: most of the rooftops that need PV for my 2023 opportunity
> will be inconvenient for running DC wires to the battery location.
> These same rooftops, however, will have AC sub-panels close by, so I
> had an "A-ha, negative loads!" moment. At least some of the PV will run
> through a charge controller in any case. I think the wattage from any
> AC coupled string inverters won't show up on Schneider Insight, so
> that's another reason for me to heed those Wrenches who suggest DC
> coupling for all of the PV.
>
> Thanks to all who've contributed to this thread. I think the thread
> should now extinguish & moderator Michael may wish to delete it from
> the archives. I appreciate accessing the "hive mind" on various 2023 PV
> inverters and again, Chris, I'm sorry to have caused a temporary smudge
> on Fronius USA.  The Wrench List is the Bomb!
>
> Mick Abraham, Proprietor
>
> www.abrahamsolar.com [1]
>
> Landline: 970-731-4675
> Cell phone or for text messaging: 970-946-6584

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try
> the other:
>
> List rules & etiquette:
>
> Check out or update participant bios:
> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org