[RE-wrenches] SolarEdge warranty; you're on your own for comms devices if they send a new style HD to replace an older inverter

scot.arey at solarcentex.com scot.arey at solarcentex.com
Fri Aug 18 12:38:04 PDT 2023

This week we got an HD style inverter as a warranty replacement for an older
style SE inverter.

OK, but normally when SE does this it sends a new HD-compatible Gateway
device or cellular kit. Not this time and we were told that the device is no
longer under warranty. It took far too long to explain that me as the
installer should not have to buy a new Zigbee gateway because YOUR inverter
failed. We've already had to rearrange conduit for the new inverter.

Just another moment of angst with SolarEdge and wanted others to be aware as
you start getting HD style inverters for your original SolarEdge RMAs.