[RE-wrenches] Inverter On/Off Switch use Outback FX

Mac Lewis maclewis1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 17:19:09 PDT 2023

Hello Wrenches,

I'm trying to solve an issue with an older Outback FX system.  It's a quad
stack of Outback 3648 FX inverters and he has a couple of Fortress eVault
and an unreliable generator. The LBCO setting can't go high enough to cut
out before the eVaults cut out so he occasionally will have to direct
charge the eVault to get things running again.

I'd like to use a 12V Aux relay logic to trip the primary inverter on/off
contacts before we go into battery shutdown so the solar has a chance to
recover the system.  Pretty simple overall but I wanted to see if there are
any known ill effects of doing this with substantial load on the system.
Of course, I can use a power relay but this may be better.

Thanks for your input!

--

Mac Lewis

*"Yo solo sé que no sé nada." -Sócrates*