[RE-wrenches] Bonding Metal Roofs Part II

AE Solar autonomousenergies at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 05:45:26 PDT 2023

Dave,
Interested to hear how you all are complying with NYSERDA on bonding in the
3' perimeter outside of the array. Their QA team just points me towards the
Illsco SGB-4 lugs, but sometimes there is no graceful way for us to install
them. If we can't get easy access under a ridge cap to hide/protect the
lugs, then the only other solution seems to be Michael's idea of running
lugs/bare copper on the seams outside of the array perimeter (which
sometimes includes whole other adjacent roof sections). Aside from being
aesthetically unpleasant, I'm also skeptical that ice and snow won't grab
onto the copper and tear the lugs off eventually...
Adam

Adam Katzman (he/him)
Autonomous Energies | Owner/Operator
www.AutonomousEnergies.com <http://www.autonomousenergies.com>
(518) 567-1468

On Thu, Jun 8, 2023 at 2:33 PM Dave Tedeyan via RE-wrenches <