[RE-wrenches] Bonding Metal Roofs Part II

Dave Tedeyan dave at sungineersolar.com
Thu Jun 8 11:32:35 PDT 2023

Also being in NYS, I have been familiar with this requirement for a long
time. I believe the idea is that just like how any metal part in a system
needs to be grounded, metal roof panels under solar panels are kind of part
of the system. What if a wire comes loose and touches the roof? You would
not want someone going up there to get zapped. I see the point that the
worst you can do with RSD is 80V. But in NY at least, you cant really argue
with NYSERDA if they decide they want this. I have never come across a
building or electrical inspector here that would care about this, but
NYSERDA does and that is where the incentive money comes from...

On Tue, Jun 6, 2023 at 2:34 PM Jay via RE-wrenches <

--
[image: Logo] <https://www.sungineersolar.com/>
Dave Tedeyan, P.E.