[RE-wrenches] Tech Support Issues with Sensata

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Wed May 31 10:50:58 PDT 2023

What were the issues?  I've not seen a Magnum have power quality
troubles, but they are not the "grid" either.  My experience is that
they are similar or a bit better than Outback, but certainly have
measurable THD in the 4 to 5% range.  Its almost always finicky loads,
and the inverter has always been within its tolerances, so I doubt you
have an actual warranty issue. However, I have seen inverter output get
strange after lightning damage, which is not covered under warranty either.

You need a decent meter that can measure THD, and can capture the peak
voltage of the waveform.  A good oscilloscope is even better, so you can
see the waveform.

Stuff like clocks not keeping time, or certain digital controls on
certain appliances not functioning, is not a warranty claim. Lights
dimming, or LEDs flickering is not a warranty claim.  These are normal
living off grid, and the only thing better than a Magnum for power
quality is Exeltech in my experience.

Ray Walters
Remote Solar