[RE-wrenches] replace part of rolls battery bank

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Apr 3 12:08:40 PDT 2023

My 2 cents:  L16s are not a good choice in the first place. Compare the
cycle life vs cost.
2nd that sounds like way too many batteries/ strings and definitely a
candidate for larger format 2 v cells or Li+.

I second William's idea of creating 2 strings of the best cells, and
start shopping for a better solution. You're going to start playing wack
a mole, replace a couple of batteries now, a couple more in 2 months,
and so on, until both you and the client are in tears. Put all that
money and effort towards a new battery.

If they want sealed, Li+ is really the only decent choice, I've seen
less than 5 years from sealed L16s like Trojan.  Full River is about the
best in that field, and still only going to see 7 to 8 years.  It just
doesn't pencil out compared to HUPs or Li+.

Ray Walters
Remote Solar