[RE-wrenches] Radian and Fortress incident

pgiroux at mindspring.com pgiroux at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 27 15:34:10 PST 2022

Nick

  Thank you for doing this. I have been able to learn more. I did the original install 5 + years ago. Ac coupled system, has run great since installed. Replaced customers wet cells 1.5 years ago with a fortress evault and had Outback help with all of the programing while on site. System has been flawless until two days ago when the customer smelled smoke at 2 am in the morning.

  We thought the battery got hot and melted the container on top of the battery which in turn melted the conduit ( only one section, the other was fine ) running into the Radian. Pulled the lid off the battery and the insides were fine, including the BMS board I replaced last summer. No damage to the underside of the lid Re heat or ?? so I had the customer pull off the cover to the radian and the wires were intact and undamaged. Turns out one of the transformers/ power stages was burnt with lots of black soot all over it. So as of today it looks like the culprit is the radian. Headed up there next week to go over the whole system

  Any thoughts or ideas are welcome, please and thank you.

Peter

ASAE