[RE-wrenches] Radian and Fortress incident

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Wed Dec 28 08:46:20 PST 2022

My comment would be in a closed loop battery power system the BMS is in
charge and feeds back into faults and warnings about the battery,
Inverter/charger, and other devices. Open loop does not integrate all of
the devices. Closed loop is all we should be using these days, in my
opinion!

Closed loop will also will do a sanity check and adjust charge/discharge
settings based on Soc. Open loop systems can lose a setting from
generator/grid
surges. This could be the case here. It could also just be a Radian that
has died.

I would look in the Radian for history clues of what happened.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net
text 209 813 0060

--

                                          Christopher Warfel
                      ENTECH Engineering, Inc.

Pay optional member dues here: http://re-wrenches.org [1]

List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org [4]

There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try
the other:
https://www.mail-archive.com/re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org/ [5]
http://lists.re-wrenches.org/pipermail/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org [6]

List rules & etiquette:
http://www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm [7]

List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try
the other:

List rules & etiquette:

Check out or update participant bios:
http://www.members.re-wrenches.org