[RE-wrenches] XW Grid Support or?

Darryl Thayer darylsolar1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 12:36:45 PST 2022

Assuming this is a zero instantaneous no export, not on the daily or
monthly.   I have installed a few XW, and XW PRO inverters, however, I have
never done an instantaneous no export project on the entire service.  The
problem is the load.  Ideally you want to monitor the service entrance and
control off the service current.  This would mean the total current would
have to pass through the XW.  However, this would be a very limited
electrical use household, like an off-grid house.  For the No Export to
work on a more normal load, you want maximum current possible to pass
through the XW (where the control is) to the priority circuit panel, (you
will want to measure these loads allowing for non-coincidence).  You will
want to charge the batteries from solar only and deplete the battery to
about 15% SOC.  What you want to do is sell all the solar that comes in, do
not charge from the grid, to reduce the electric bill the maximum amount.
 I use an Egauge for measuring these loads.  (PS) the XW has no monitoring
of the LiFe battery so use the charge controller Voltage to maintain SOC.
(PS) you may have to use the generator support mode input.  I do not
remember.

Sorry about my poor writing ability, hope this helps.