[RE-wrenches] AC Coupling Standard?

Windy Dankoff windydankoff at mac.com
Fri Dec 2 07:08:22 PST 2022

Dear Mike,

As co-author of upcoming book "The Handbook of Solar Water Pumping", we have expanded its definition to include micro and national grid-tied systems in which pumping is synchronized with power availability from PV. I had known about frequency-based load control for microgrids (from an SMA-based microgrid I toured in Israel). I had no idea it was a happening system on public grids until I read your response here. I love how it requires no communication lines or digital signals. It's a "natural" and logical concept from the old days of spinning generators under varying load.

I see your PG&E reference, but is there also a reference text you can recommend that I can use in the book as a universal explanation of how this works?  It can be SMA documentation, or other ref.  You can reply here if it's useful to the list, and/or contact me off-line.

Thanks!  – Windy