[RE-wrenches] SolArk and Tigo compatibility

Christopher Warfel cwarfel at entech-engineering.com
Wed Nov 16 06:33:09 PST 2022

Hi, We are doing our first system with these two devices. The inverter
is SolArk 12P (mutimode) and the Tigo product for RS is the TS4F.  Tigo
has me a little bit walking in circles.

I told them that SolArk says not to use the 12VDC RS output terminals
for connecting the transmitter.  I gave them the attached drawing which
they ask for, which shows the transmitter connected to a 120VAC/12VDC
breaker which they supply.  They told me to wire the 120VAC source to
the main service panel so the array would shut down on loss of power. I
told them that is exactly NOTwhat I wanted to happen as that would stop
the battery charging when there is a loss of utility power. I said I
wanted the 120VAC source to be the back up loads panel. After about a
week of calls and emails, I got an email back saying to use the SolArk
12VDC terminals for RS.  I just emailed them a screen shot of the SolArk
manual that says not to do that.

At this point, I am asking anyone on the list to let me know how they
wired the transmitter successfully. Thank you for any guidance, Chris Warfel

--
             Christopher Warfel
                      ENTECH Engineering, Inc.