[RE-wrenches] LG Chem RESU warranty

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Mon Nov 14 08:24:27 PST 2022

I wish I shared your optimism Scott on the  LG Prime 16 being better
battery than the LG Resu10. When I field tested the Resu 10 with
Schneider in 2017,
the specs on the unleased 48VResu 16 were the same for charge and
discharge as the Resu10. You would think the larger battery would be
better
but it was not. The same BMS I would guess.

The fact that you can't use any of these LG batteries without the loop
closed to the inverter is a serious flaw (they shut down without the
heartbeat)
  that people like Discover AES learned from. Something very wrong that
LG is still in the dark ages of a home battery, in my opinion.

AES did not carry out this poor design policy and built the perfect LFP
for my clients and my wife and I.
  LG is NMC and even advertised them installed in a Kitchen?

We killed the Resu 10 with too much XW charge current BTW. The dead ones
went out to the desert of California to be recycled. Another story.....

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2022-11-14 7:02 am, Scot Arey via RE-wrenches wrote:

> Quite honestly this has been a complete nightmare but progress has been
> made.
>
> We have 7 or so batteries under recall and 3 that needed warranty
> support. We waited for....nine months...until the first replacements
> and that was only because our office manager was a woman on a mission
> and incessantly calling and emailing.
>
> LG seems to have improved its position and has replaced in a more
> timely way some of the failed batteries.
>
> I'm hoping the LG Prime 16 is a better battery than the LG Resu10.
> Seems so and I like the high discharge capability that really pairs
> well with a SE11400 Energy Hub inverter. We've had one warranty of a
> Prime 16.
>
> Feel free to contact me offline to makew sure you have the right
> numbers and POCs. There have been some personnel changes made and I
> assume that was to make improvements.

Links:
------
[1]
https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.vermontsolarnow.com&data=02%7C01%7C%7C9f0330d75a244870112408d685311841%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636842843233477645&sdata=0NjyuKeQbEK6245SNnk8X4XnP9Q%2B%2BqtvcALkdDghvk4%3D&reserved=0