[RE-wrenches] Wireless relays

Kirk Herander kirkh at vermont.solar
Mon Nov 7 06:44:13 PST 2022

Jason, I just successfully hooked up a a remote 915mhz RF circuit to
accomplish GTI disconnect in a AC coupled system when the backup generator
starts.
I think this is the discussion you are referring to. I’m on the road right
now but will post details including the source of the send/receive units
when I get back to a computer. It’s been working for over two weeks now
with no problems whatsoever.

On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 9:34 AM Jason Szumlanski via RE-wrenches <

> Recently there was a discussion about remotely controlled contactors to
> shed PV during generator operation I believe. I have a little bit of a
> different need for remote relays. I need to remotely disconnect air
> conditioning 24 volt control circuits using the dry contacts in the Enphase
> smart controller. In other words, I want to shed air conditioning loads
> when the system goes off grid and selectively turn them back on using the
> logic in the smart controller. So what I would need is something that
> detects a disconnection of the dry contacts and then sends a wireless
> signal to disconnect the 24 volt control circuit at the remote location in
> the house.
>
> Normally I would just hardwire this, but it is not an option in this case.
> Does anyone know of an elegant and cost effective way to accomplish this?
>
> Jason Szumlanski
> Florida Solar Design Group

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> other:
>
> List rules & etiquette:
>
> Check out or update participant bios:
> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org
>
> --

*Kirk Herander / **kirkh at vermont.solar <kirkh at vermont.solar>*

*Owner|Principal, VT Solar, LLC*

*Celebrating our 31st Anniversary 1991-2022!!*

*www.vermont.solar*
<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.vermontsolarnow.com&data=02%7C01%7C%7C9f0330d75a244870112408d685311841%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636842843233477645&sdata=0NjyuKeQbEK6245SNnk8X4XnP9Q%2B%2BqtvcALkdDghvk4%3D&reserved=0>

dba Vermont Solar Engineering

802.863.1202