[RE-wrenches] Wireless relays

Kirk Herander kirkh at vermont.solar
Tue Nov 8 04:19:13 PST 2022

Hi Jason,

https://www.iohvaccontrols.com/category/wireless-solutions.html

I used the IO-WRP model, with a range of about 1/4 mi. to remotely
disconnect a GTI whenever the backup genny starts. The next model down,
without antenna, has a range of about 100 ft.
The IO-WRP was better suited to my app. I am going from the basement of the
main house where the system / gen ATS is to a barn about 150' away where
the array is mounted.

These units are actually designed for hvac to be controlled remotely by
T-stats or whatever. But basically if any of the 3 send channels have 24vac
applied on the base unit, the corresponding receive channel on the
satellite unit will output 24vac. So that signal in my case is holding a
contactor closed to keep the GTI connected to grid AC unless the generator
starts.

What's nice about these RF units is that if the 24vac power is lost on
either for any reason, connection will be lost and the action at the remote
unit will be aborted. pretty failsafe by nature, at least for what I'm
doing.

I purchased it online from supplyhouse.com - no local distributor stocked
them.

On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 9:34 AM Jason Szumlanski via RE-wrenches <

--

*Kirk Herander / **kirkh at vermont.solar <kirkh at vermont.solar>*

*Owner|Principal, VT Solar, LLC*

*Celebrating our 31st Anniversary 1991-2022!!*

*www.vermont.solar*
<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.vermontsolarnow.com&data=02%7C01%7C%7C9f0330d75a244870112408d685311841%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636842843233477645&sdata=0NjyuKeQbEK6245SNnk8X4XnP9Q%2B%2BqtvcALkdDghvk4%3D&reserved=0>

dba Vermont Solar Engineering

802.863.1202