[RE-wrenches] Wireless relays

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Mon Nov 7 06:32:45 PST 2022

Recently there was a discussion about remotely controlled contactors to
shed PV during generator operation I believe. I have a little bit of a
different need for remote relays. I need to remotely disconnect air
conditioning 24 volt control circuits using the dry contacts in the Enphase
smart controller. In other words, I want to shed air conditioning loads
when the system goes off grid and selectively turn them back on using the
logic in the smart controller. So what I would need is something that
detects a disconnection of the dry contacts and then sends a wireless
signal to disconnect the 24 volt control circuit at the remote location in
the house.

Normally I would just hardwire this, but it is not an option in this case.
Does anyone know of an elegant and cost effective way to accomplish this?

Jason Szumlanski
Florida Solar Design Group