[RE-wrenches] IQ8 "line noise" issues?

Lars Ortegren lars at cal-solar.com
Thu Oct 27 08:21:40 PDT 2022

Seemingly out of the blue we've had a number of installs (all IQ8) that are
having Line Noise issues preventing the MIs from communicating from the
Envoy. In both of our recent installs they are not in neighborhoods that
have a number of systems, and the issue is not finding too many, but
finding very few to none .

Enphase has suggested purchasing a Q-LCF-064-1P line filter ($500), and I
wanted to see if this is something that is "more common" on the IQ8 that we
should plan on as part of our pricing. Any wrenches found cheaper
alternatives that work?

Lars

--
 <https://californiasolarco.com/quote/>