[RE-wrenches] IQ8 "line noise" issues?

jasonl at mendocinosolar.com jasonl at mendocinosolar.com
Thu Oct 27 08:58:52 PDT 2022

Hi Lars,

It is likely that the IQ8 micro's are more subject to line noise then
previous models.  We've had line noise and comm's issues in the past
with IQ 7's as well.  A cheap solution that we have had some success
with is to put ferrite core snap together chokes around L1 and L2 PV
input wiring.  You can get these at Radio Shack for about $6-8 a piece.
This would be a much cheaper solution then the Enphase filter.   You can
also try the solid core type, and your installers can just pass the
conductors through them as they wire the combiner box.  You can also get
much less expensive in line filters that are similar to the Enphase
filter on Amazon for $20-50 a piece.  Good luck and happy solaring.

Jason Lord
Mendocino Solar Service