[RE-wrenches] Early Hurricane Ian Report

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Sat Oct 1 04:25:50 PDT 2022

I stayed home. I'm close to the river, but on high enough ground that I was
pretty certain storm surge would not be an issue.

The hardest part is getting employees back to work because everyone is
affected in one way or another, and trucks can't roll without reliable fuel
sources.and I can't have guys waiting hours in line for fuel only for the
station to run out before they get to the front. I really want to start
helping the affected, but it's going to be slow going.

I have two battery jobs half-installed that I really want to complete.

Oh, and there's the hole in my own roof caused by a 6 inch branch that
turned into a missile. Like a true solar contractor I got on the roof in
gale winds, yanked it out, and slipped in some flashing fashioned out of a
Rubbermaid bin that I cut up. I guess I have to deal with that at some
point!

Thanks for the best wishes and concern.

Jason

On Sat, Oct 1, 2022, 4:47 AM Kirk Herander via RE-wrenches <