[RE-wrenches] Early Hurricane Ian Report

Kirk Herander kirkh at vermont.solar
Sat Oct 1 01:46:36 PDT 2022

I wish you the best in your efforts of repair and replacement. Did you
evacuate or end up toughing it out through the hurricane?

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 9:57 PM Jason Szumlanski via RE-wrenches <

> Widespread devastation, but only a handful of reported PV failures.
> Sanibel Island was thrashed and nobody has installed more panels there than
> we have. Post-storm aerial imagery shows that almost all systems survived.
> A couple of flat roof pitched systems had about 20% of panels break free
> with mounts and rails still intact base on what I can see.
>
> Mainland systems are largely intact with some having single or few panels
> plucked from random areas of arrays.
>
> No word yet on FPL's utility scale systems in Charlotte County. Suspect no
> major damage.
>
> There will be lots of roofs that need replacement where the PV system is
> unscathed. 5 years after Hurricane Irma and results are similar, maybe even
> more successful. That doesn't comfort the affected. Sad stories everywhere.
>
> More to come. Triage mode now.
>
> Jason Szumlanski
> Florida Solar Design Group

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> other:
>
> List rules & etiquette:
>
> Check out or update participant bios:
> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org
>
> --

*Kirk Herander / **kirkh at vermont.solar <kirkh at vermont.solar>*

*Owner|Principal, VT Solar, LLC*

*Celebrating our 31st Anniversary 1991-2022!!*

*www.vermont.solar*
<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.vermontsolarnow.com&data=02%7C01%7C%7C9f0330d75a244870112408d685311841%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636842843233477645&sdata=0NjyuKeQbEK6245SNnk8X4XnP9Q%2B%2BqtvcALkdDghvk4%3D&reserved=0>

dba Vermont Solar Engineering

802.863.1202