[RE-wrenches] SD card data processing

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 12:22:12 PDT 2017

I would run MySQL on my computer and write a python script to import the
data to MySQL, and use a front end package to graph the data - it's pretty
easy to do.
If that's more than you can handle, go to Guru.com and setup an account,
describe what yo uwant done, and there's plenty of willing takers that will
write the code to do it nicely.

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 3:15 PM, Dan Fink <danbob88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mac -- yep, at about 50k data points Excel seizes up no matter how fast
> your computer. You really need to use a database program after that point.
> I had a friend arrange a web API into MySQL on our server and it works
> fine.
>
> Dan Fink
> Professor of Solar Energy Technology, Ecotech Institute
> IREC Certified Instructor™ for:
> ~ PV Installation Professional
> ~ Small Wind Installer
> Executive Director, Buckville Energy
> NABCEP Registered Continuing Education Providers™
> 970.672.4342
>

> On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Mac Lewis <maclewis1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Wrenches,
>>
>> I am getting more and more zipped up SD card data emailed from clients
>> from their Outback Mate 3s, Sunny Islands and other systems that we have
>> out there.  The data can be very laborious to process and will crash Excel
>> most of the time because of the sheer quantity of data.  Also oftentimes,
>> you need to merge these data sets to get a true picture of how these power
>> systems are functioning.
>>
>> Do you have recommendations for 3rd party programs to help process and
>> analyse this data?  I am looking closely at WattPlot SunMate to use with
>> the Outback stuff.  Maybe there is a better way?  I'm interested in any
>> feedback about WattPlot products in general as well.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> --
>>

>> Mac Lewis
>>
>> *"Yo solo sé que no sé nada." -Sócrates*

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

Chris Mason
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™
Solar Design Engineer
Generac Generators Industrial technician

www.cometsolar.com <http://www.cometenergysystems.com>
264.235.5670
869.662.5670
Skype: netconcepts