[RE-wrenches] Xantrex XW 6048A unregulated during charging

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Thu May 4 07:03:46 PDT 2017

I would add that after loading firmware on Outback or Schneider there
sometimes have been cases where it showed the new firmware but it was
still running the old.
The solution was to choose original factory default firmware. After that
the unit would load the latest firmware that you had previously installed.
Now that is maddening.  There are so many XW's and Outbacks out there that
I am surprised at how well they run. I am not a big fan of loading new
firmware unless you have to.Most of this gear is fine with what it had
offgrid. Leave it alone unless you know exactly why you are changing. The
firmware has release notes and you should read them. The combox has recent
firmware that stopped the "bricking " issue it had. I would do that one
for sure! I like the config tool also along with combox.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
http://members.sti.net/offgridsolar/
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net