[RE-wrenches] Discharging a high voltage battery

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Wed Feb 22 12:04:41 PST 2017

Larry –

My immediate thought is that you would need a listed grid tied inverter
designed for the purpose of connecting to this type of battery and
inverting to the grid. A regular PV inverter won’t cut it since it is
designed to MPT PV modules.

The SolarEdge StorEdge product sounds like the closest thing on the market
that might be close to working. But, once again, it needs to be setup to
work with your particular battery. I think StorEdge is planning on working
with Tesla and LG Chem RESU batteries in the 350 to 400 v range.

August