[RE-wrenches] EMP - Faraday Cages

drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Fri Sep 8 09:22:38 PDT 2017

In 2013 we were having a discussion of Faraday cages. I don't think we
ever got an answer to the question of whether a grounded inverter or
charge control enclosure would serve as a Faraday cage? If all
external lines were disconnected, would the grounded metal enclosure
prevent damage from an EMP?

Thanks,

Drake

	 Chris Daum

 [1]
 Tue, 07 May 2013 12:21:16 -0700 [2]

	Dear people:

 So I have a customer worried about the end of the world as we know
it. I've
 looked at the HP archives and see comments from a while ago. Other
than
 screening/boxing components and adding mucho surge protectors, is
there
 anything else that can be done that might actually work?

 Thanks!

 Chris Daum
 Oasis Montana Inc

Links: