[RE-wrenches] Are the 2016 Enphase M's a "buy" if there's no Rule 21 mandate?

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Wed Sep 6 14:23:35 PDT 2017

Hi, Wrenchies~

Compliance with California's Rule 21 is at least one reason why
Enphase retooled their product line this year. The now discontinued M215 &
M250 micro inverters are showing up on closeout so...are they worth
considering for folks outside California?

Or: do the other benefits of the new IQ architecture make it worth jumping
across & not looking back? I understand the IQ system is more forgiving on
communications & it works with 72 cell super jumbos, bigger wattage,
simpler trunk cabling, etc. My project opportunity is one circuit
residential, 14 to 16 sixty cell jumbos (in three rows) & we can power the
Envoy from a dedicated circuit.

Maybe it comes down to >> Will the IQ inverters outlast the M215/M250 on
the roof? The latter have given me no problems so I'm not knocking these
recent M models, but 25 years is a long time from now. Thanks in advance;
the Wrench List is the Bomb~

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Landline: 970-731-4675
Cell phone or for text messaging: 970-946-6584