[RE-wrenches] Splices in service panel

Matthew Sherald matt at getpimby.com
Thu Sep 8 18:21:22 PDT 2016

I got zapped on a neutral in a generac transfer switch that I thought was
de-energized.  Someone prior had moved hots from the transfer switch to the
main panel, but not the neutrals.  I was disassembling connections in the
transfer switch as part of a move to a battery-backup system and I could
not believe it when I got popped.  The experience drove home the importance
of terminating the phase and neutral in the same enclosure.

Matt Sherald
PIMBY Energy, LLC
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer®
304-704-5943