[RE-wrenches] Splices in service panel

Mark Westbrock westbrock at positiveenergysolar.com
Fri Sep 9 05:49:23 PDT 2016

Hi Mac,

Our strictest local inspector allows us to do just what you are describing,
per NEC 312.8.  For the label described in 312.8(3), we make a custom label
that reads:

"Warning: This panel contains feed-through conductors.  OCPD for these
feed-through conductors are located ..." and then indicate physical
location of new subpanel (e.g. directly below this panel, etc.).

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Mark
----
Mark Westbrock|  VP, Branch Manager |  Employee Owner
NABCEP™ Certified PV Installation Professional
NABCEP™ Certified
Technical Sales Professional
NM EE98J Licensed Electrician
510 S. Main St., Las Cruces, NM 88001
cell  575.640.2432 |  office  575.524.2030
mw at PositiveEnergySolar.com  <Your.Email at PositiveEnergySolar.com>
www.PositiveEnergySolar.com <http://www.positiveenergysolar.com/>